Another bonus episode!
Another bonus episode! A conversation with composer Matthew Aucoin, whose opera Euridice had a run at the Met last month, and who just wrote a new book about the history and culture of opera, The Impossible Art: Adventures in Opera.
A few things by Matthew Aucoin to check out:
- The Impossible Art, out now with FSG
- His writings for the New York Review of Books
- The Met page for Euridice
- More on Aucoin’s website!
- Also, Nico Muhly’s 2015 essay on mental health, which we discussed in our conversation
Sound Expertise is hosted by Will Robin (@seatedovation), and produced by D. Edward Davis (@warmsilence). Please subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, and/or Spotify. Questions or comments? Email williamlrobin@ gmail
(Photo courtesy John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation)